Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 44: Hutchinson, KS to Wichita, KS

Today's Mileage: 46
Total Mileage: 2409

After hitting the snooze button WAY too many times, I got up and planned the route to Wichita. Although it was after 8 by the time I left, the day was still cool and fresh.

The ride to Wichita wasn't bad. The day started heating up, but the road was basically flat, and there were several stops for refreshments. As usual, the natives were curious about our trip, and many people stopped to ask questions.

The afternoon was spent lounging around. I indulged in a lot of mindless TV watching, which is about all my sore butt would allow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a touring champ. My helmet is tipped eastward in your direction.

srenne said...

GIWIKHTWC...God, I wish I knew how to work computers!!!
I try all the time to blog you, to little avail. Sometimes it works, most times it don't.
Like tomorrow you're in Misery or Missouri (your choice). Crossing that Ol' Man River is yet another huge accomplishment. There's been quite a few. You, like that river, keeps a rolling along.
Loved the buck'n a quarter day. Mine never included baggage..
I traveled like a rock-star, you, like a real cross-country cyclist.
Ride strong, ride proud. Press

srenne said...

Did you know the map on this website from Co. to DC is in Spanish? At least on my computer it is.
I've tried daily to put something on this blog and always run into a problem. Just don't comprende these computers.
Going back a few days..congrats on the 125!! And you're about to cross that Ol' Man River, another huge accomplishment. You'll be dipping tires in eastern salt water before you know it.
We're all so proud of you guys.
Ride strong, Press

Anonymous said...

You hit the snooze button and were still on the road by 8 am. Your my hero. Rodge