Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 25: Rest Day!

We had a full day in Blanding, Utah to relax and take care of business.

First, we breakfasted at two different hotels, neither of which was the one where we were staying. I tried valiantly to upload some pictures on the hotel computer, but the internet was too slow and buggy. I also tried at the visitor's center in town, but they wouldn't let me plug in my camera.

Finally, the public library opened, and Wesley and I spent a couple hour messing around with our photos, paying bills, etc.

On our way to do laundry that evening, we spotted a large group of touring cyclists. It turned out to be a family of nine, the Foxes, who were riding their bikes cross-country until they run out of money. The kids ranged from ages 5 to 18. One of the daughters was on a recumbent bike with her dad, and the mom drove a mini-van to support them.

We also met Debbie and Karin, who had met up with the Fox family the day before and had the benefit of having their gear carried in the mini-van. We were headed the same direction and planning on the same stops, so we decided to ride together the next day.

We all threw some food and drinks together and had quite a feast, (Wesley ate FIVE hotdogs), including birthday cake for one of the boys.

2 comments:

DF and RB said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my entire family is on the road....

Roll On.
Fox

Molly Shapiro, L.Ac said...

So the Fox mini-van....aka a SAG, right??

I love reading about your adventures, Ceci.